In our Pre-K our youngest boys and girls and their teachers are engaged in an educational journey that seeks to capture the hearts and minds of all who enter. There are places for learning and discovering, inquiring and questioning, reflecting and playing.
Children collaborate with others in meaningful investigations. In our coeducational setting this collaborative approach enhances social and emotional skills essential for future development.
Our Pre-K is a purposeful year of preparation for “big school” the following year as guided experiences engage the children in developing essential skills as they embark on their more formal learning journey. Some of the goals we seek to achieve include:
- Developing a love for learning
- Becoming more independent
- Becoming responsible for actions
- Enhancing expressive language skills
- Showing empathy and respect for others
- Sharing opinions
- Enhancing creativity
- Developing fine and gross motor skills
- Improving social and emotional skills such as conflict resolution
- Preparing our children for school with an emphasis on pre-literacy and pre-numeracy skills
- Becoming critical thinkers and problem solvers
- Building an awareness of the world beyond school and a respect for the environment
We seek to build positive relationships between adults and children in order to develop capable, competent, happy children who are thriving at school.